Take this traditional baking classic to a whole new level with this easy Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies recipe! They’re rich in flavour and fudgy in texture, with a lovely pecan crunch throughout.
Reasons to love these Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies
- This no-fuss recipe is made even easier using ready-made Carnation Caramel.
- Every bite is the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavours.
- They’re a total crowd pleaser
- Delicious as they are, or even more decadent served warm with salted caramel ice-cream!
Four top tips for baking this recipe
The texture of brownies can be difficult to get right and it has personally led to a lot of failed attempts in the past. A dry, cakey brownie is just so disappointing! So here are my top three tips to make sure your Caramel Pecan Brownies turn out perfectly.
- Use good quality ingredients. I also use Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate because it isn’t overly sweet, and for extra richness I always use Clarence Court Burford Browns eggs.
- Use an 8x8inch square baking tin. The baking time is based on using this specific sized tin. If you’re using a larger baking tin, decrease the baking time by 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re tin is smaller in size, increase the baking time 3-4 minutes.
- Be careful not to over-bake the brownies. These Caramel Pecan Brownies will continue to cook as they cool down, so I always say ‘if in doubt, take them out’. They’re ready when the top is no longer shiny and small cracks have started to show around the edges.
- Leave the brownies to cool completely before slicing. This step is super important. Your brownies will need time to set properly and turn fudgy. If you cut them whilst they are still warm they will fall apart and turn into a hot (but still tasty) mess!
Equipment & ingredients used for this recipe
Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) I use either Menier or Lindt
- 2 large Eggs At room temperature
- 220 g Caster sugar
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 100 g Pecans Roughly chopped
- 4 tsp Carnation Ready-made Caramel
- Pinch of Sea salt
Make the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Break up the dark chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Roughly chop up the butter and add it to the bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together for a minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Now pour in the melted chocolate mixture, add the flour and half the chopped pecans. Fold everything together until combined.
- Spoon into the baking tin and spread out into an even layer. Scatter the remaining chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack. Leave to cool completely in the baking tin for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. If you’re short on time, you can speed this up by putting the brownies in the fridge for an hour.
- Carefully lift the brownies out of the baking tin.
- Open the Carnation Ready-made Caramel and give it a good stir.
- Use a spoon to drizzle it over the brownies and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top.
- Use a sharp flat knife to slice the brownies into 12. Serve and enjoy!