These Oreo Peanut Butter Blondies are chewy, crunchy, sweet and salty all in one bite. Made using Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and crushed Oreos, you really can’t beat this flavour combination!
Peanut butter & Oreos = A match made in heaven
It’s no secret that peanut butter and Oreo is a dream combo. When I created this recipe I tried to think about when I first discovered that peanut butter and Oreos were a thing.
It reminded me of that scene in the movie The Parent Trap (I’m a 90’s child!), where Lindsay Lohan pulls out the jar of Skippy and a pack of Oreos at summer camp. I think it was from that point onwards, that dunking Oreos in jars of peanut butter, Biscoff or Nutella totally became the norm.
These blondies have Reese’s peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips, but peanut butter flavour) and crushed Oreos throughout. The texture is chewy on the outside, gooey in the middle with crunchy chunks of biscuits. Devine!
Recipe success tips for baking Oreo peanut butter blondies
- Use good quality ingredients. I always use Clarence Court Burford Browns eggs as the yolks add extra richness and chewiness.
- Use an 8x8inch square baking tin. The baking time is based on using this specific size. If you’re using a large baking tin, decrease the baking time by a couple of minutes, or if it’s smaller, increase the baking time.
- Decorate the top before baking. Save a handful of peanut butter chips and crushed oreos and scatter these on top of the blondies before baking.
- Be careful not to over-bake the blondies. Blondies will continue to cook as they cool down so I always say “if in doubt, take them out”. They’re done when the top is a lovely golden brown colour and small cracks have started to show around the edge.
- Leave them to cool before slicing. This is so so important as blondies need time to set and turn fudgy. If you cut them whilst they are still warm they will fall about and be too gooey.
More blondie recipes you will love
- Raspberry and white chocolate blondies
- Peanut butter Snickers blondies
- Gluten-free chocolate chip blondies
Oreo Peanut Butter Blondies recipe (makes 12/16)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until it turns to liquid. Add the light brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Now add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix through. Add the flour and fold into the mixture in a figure of eight motion until combined.
- Now add roughly 80g peanut butter chips and break up roughly 130g of the Oreos into the mixture – you’ll save the remaining chocolate and biscuits for the next step. Fold everything together until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking tin and smooth out the top. Scatter the remaining chips chunks on top and break up the remaining biscuits on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The top should no longer shiny and the centre should be set. Cracks should be starting to appear around the outer edge and if you give the baking tin a shake it should wobble slightly underneath.
- Leave to cool in the baking tin for at least 30 minutes, then put them in the fridge to set for 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Carefully lift the blondies out of the baking tin. Use a large, sharp knife to slice them into 12 large blondies or 16 smaller bites.
Your Oreo peanut butter blondies will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.