Gooey brownies filled with crunchy pecans, drizzled with salted caramel and finished with a sprinkle of sea salt – if heaven was a dessert these salted caramel pecan brownies would be it!
Why Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies are a must-bake
- This no-fuss recipe is made even easier using ready-made Carnation Caramel.
- Every bite is the perfect combo of sweet, salty, gooey and crunchy.
- They’re a real crowd pleaser and perfect to share with friends and family.
- You can also serve them warm with ice-cream for a decadent dinner party dessert.
Recipe success tips
- Use good quality ingredients. I also use Lindt 70% dark chocolate as it isn’t overly sweet, and for the eggs, I always use Clarence Court Burford Browns eggs as the yolks add extra richness.
- Use an 8x8inch square baking tin. The baking time is based on using this specific size. If you’re using a large baking tin, decrease the baking time by a couple of minutes, or if it’s smaller, increase the baking time.
- Be careful not to over-bake the brownies. Brownies will continue to cook as they cool down so I always say “if in doubt, take them out”. They’re done when the top is no longer shiny and small cracks have started to show around the edge.
- Leave them to cool completely before slicing. This is so so important. The brownies need time to set and turn fudgy. If you cut them whilst they are still warm they will fall about and be too gooey.
I’ve also made a Top Tips For Baking Brownies video to help you:
More brownie recipes you’ll love
Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies recipe (makes 12 large / 16 small)
150g unsalted butter
150g 70% dark chocolate
2 large eggs, at room temperature
220g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
100g pecans, roughly chopped
4 teaspoons Carnation Caramel
Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8inch/20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl break up the dark chocolate and add the butter. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together for a minute until they’re pale in colour and frothy.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture, flour and half of the chopped pecans to the bowl. Fold everything together until you have a thick chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin, spreading it out into an even layer. Scatter the remaining chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely in the baking tin for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. If you’re short on time, you can speed this up by putting the brownies in the fridge for an hour.
- Carefully lift the brownies out of the baking tin. Open the tin of Carnation Caramel and give it a good stir. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the brownies and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt flakes on top.
- Slice into 12 or 16 brownies and serve.
Your salted caramel pecan brownies will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.