Crackly on top, fudgy in the middle and filled with crunchy Maltesers, this easy Malteser Brownies recipe is one of my all-time favourites!
Reasons to love these Malteser brownies
- Quick and easy to make. You only need 6 ingredients, 2 bowls and 1 hour to whip up this delicious and indulgent treat.
- Fudgy texture. These Malteser brownies are fudgyyyyy! No cakey brownies on this blog 😉 They also have a signature crackly top with a slight crunch.
- Intense chocolate flavour. Rich and chocolatey but not overly sweet, these brownies are made using 70% dark chocolate.
Recipe success tips
- Use good quality ingredients. I also use Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate because it isn’t overly sweet, and for extra richness I always use Clarence Court Burford Browns eggs.
- Use an 8x8inch square baking tin. The baking time is based on using this specific sized tin. If you’re using a larger baking tin, decrease the baking time by 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re tin is smaller in size, increase the baking time 3-4 minutes.
- Be careful not to over-bake the brownies. These Malteser brownies will continue to cook as they cool down, so I always say ‘if in doubt, take them out’. They’re baked and ready to take out the oven when the top is no longer shiny and small cracks have started to show around the edges.
- Leave the brownies to cool completely before slicing. This step is super important. Your Malteser brownies will need time to set properly and turn fudgy. If you cut them whilst they are still warm they will fall apart and turn into a hot (but still tasty) mess!
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) I use Lindt 70% chocolate
- 225 g White caster sugar
- 2 large Eggs At room temperature
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 150 g Maltesers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Line an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar for 1 minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Pour in melted chocolate and butter mixture, add the flour and fold the mixture together until fully combined.
- Add the Maltesers and fold through.
- Spoon into the baking tin and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes* until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely** for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge to set for an hour. This will give the brownies time to set and turn fudgy.
- Slice into 12 and serve!
More brownie recipes you’ll love
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!