Fudgy chocolate brownie, crushed Biscoff biscuits and gooey Biscoff spread…this rich and indulgent Lotus Biscoff Brownies recipe combines them all!
Here’s an overview of the recipe
Don’t you just love that distinct Biscoff flavour? I can’t even pinpoint what it tastes like. Cookie dough? Caramel? All I know is that it’s superrrrr delicious, and tastes even more incredible when combined with these fudgy, chocolatey brownies.
So trust me when I say, you NEED these brownies in your life! Here’s how to make them:
- Whip up the brownie mixture. Crushed Lotus Biscoff biscuits are folded into the chocolate brownie mixture.
- Melt the Lotus Biscoff Spread. Spoon two tablespoons Biscoff spread into a bowl and melt in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Layer the brownies in the baking tin. Spoon half the brownie mixture into the baking tin and pour the melted Biscoff spread on top. Then spoon over the rest of the brownie mixture and spread it out to the edges to conceal the Biscoff spread underneath.
- Decorate the top. Place a few leftover Biscoff biscuits on top, pressing them gently into the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the oven. 17-20 minutes at 180°C is all these brownies. They’re ready when top is no longer shiny, the edges have started to show small cracks and they have a slight wobble underneath.
My top tips for baking Lotus Biscoff Brownies
- Use good quality ingredients. I also use Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate because it isn’t overly sweet, and for extra richness I always use Clarence Court Burford Browns eggs.
- Use an 8x8inch square baking tin. The baking time is based on using this specific sized tin. If you’re using a larger baking tin, decrease the baking time by 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re tin is smaller in size, increase the baking time 3-4 minutes.
- Be careful not to over-bake the brownies. These Biscoff brownies will continue to cook as they cool down, so I always say ‘if in doubt, take them out’. They’re baked and ready to take out the oven when the top is no longer shiny and small cracks have started to show around the edges.
- Leave the brownies to cool completely before slicing. This step is super important. Your Lotus Biscoff brownies will need time to set properly and turn fudgy. If you cut them whilst they are still warm they will fall apart and turn into a hot (but still tasty) mess!
Lotus Biscoff Brownies
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) I use Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- 2 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 220 g White caster sugar
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 1 jar Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 150 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Line an 8inch/20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate up into a microwave-safe bowl, and add the butter. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar for one minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the whisked eggs.
- Add the flour and gently fold everything together until fully combined.
- Using your hands, break up half of the Biscoff biscuits and stir them into the brownie mixture.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture in the baking tin and spread out into an even layer.
- Melt 2 heaped tablespoons of the Biscoff spread in the microwave for 10 seconds. Pour on top of the brownie layer.
- Pour the remaining brownie mixture on top and spread it out to the edges so that the Biscoff spread is concealed.
- Using your hands, break up the remaining Biscoff biscuits and scatter them on top of the brownie layer.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes* until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge to set for an hour. This will make cutting them easier and make the brownies even more fudgier.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!