Reasons to love this buttercream
- It uses a whole bar of Galaxy Smooth Milk Chocolate 😍
- The texture is smooth and silky
- It’s rich in taste but not overly sweet
- The buttercream holds it’s shape beautifully and is perfect for piping pretty swirls onto cupcakes
- The recipe included step-by-step photographs and takes no more than 10 mins to whip up
Ways to use Galaxy Chocolate Buttercream
There are so many ways you can use Galaxy Chocolate Buttercream, but it tastes especially delicious with:
For a really indulgent treat, you can also use the buttercream to frost my Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies.
Recipe FAQs: Galaxy Chocolate Buttercream
I live in the US, is Dove the same as Galaxy?
Yes it is. Apparently, they taste identical. A bit of trivia for you, Dove was introduced to the UK as Galaxy in 196O. Don’t ask me why they changed the name though 😅
Why does the recipe use salted butter?
Buttercream can easily become overly sweet, so using salted butter for this Galaxy chocolate buttercream recipe helps balance the sweetness of the icing sugar and chocolate. The salt also helps draw out and deepen the chocolate flavour. I like to use Lurpak’s Slightly Salted Butter because it has just the right amount of saltiness.
How much buttercream will the recipe make?
This recipe will make enough buttercream to decorate 12 large cupcakes or to fill and decorate the top of a 2-layer cake. If you’re looking to fill and cover a 3-layer cake, I would double the ingredients to make sure you have enough buttercream.
Equipment & ingredients used to make Galaxy Chocolate Buttercream
Galaxy Chocolate Buttercream
- 100 g Galaxy Smooth Milk
- 250 g Salted butter Soft at room temperature
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- Melt the Galaxy chocolate in the microwave in 30-second blasts until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the butter until really soft and pale in colour.
- Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder into the bowl, and beat together until creamy and smooth.
- Now pour in the melted Galaxy chocolate and fold together until combined.
- Pipe on top of cupcakes or use to fill and cover a cake.
Darling you are SO naughty ! How am I going to be able to resist making all your gorgeous cakes !!! yummy..eee…love you gran xx