Soft and chewy Cadbury Heroes Cookies made using a selection box of chocolate bar favourites, there’s a surprise in every bite with this cookie recipe!
Reasons to love these Cadbury Heroes Cookies
- Easy one-bowl recipe. There’s nothing complicated about this recipe, the only challenging part is waiting patiently for the cookie dough to chill, and I’m afraid this is step that cannot be skipped (more on this later).
- Soft-baked texture. Soft in the middle with a slight crunch on the outside, just how a cookie texture should be.
- Chocolate explosion! Chunks of Double Decker, Fudge, Creme Egg, Dairy Milk, Eclairs, Twirl, Wispa, Crunchie and Dairy Milk Caramel are dotted throughout the cookies. There’s a surprise in every bite with these Cadbury Heroes Cookies.
Baking these Cadbury Heroes Cookies couldn’t be easier! Just follow these simple steps:
- Make the cookie dough. My recipe uses melted butter, two types of sugar and an extra egg yolk for added richness and chewiness.
- Add the Cadbury Heroes. Chop up the chocolate bars and fold them into the dough.
- Chill the cookie dough. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Not only will this develop the flavours but it will also massively improve the cookie texture. The colder and firmer the cookie dough the less the cookies will spread out in the oven.
- Roll the dough into balls. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of cookie dough and use the palm of your hands to roll it into a ball. Place on a flat baking tray (do not flatten) and repeat using the rest of the cookie dough.
- Bake. 10-12 mins at 180°C is all these Cadbury Heroes cookies need. The edge should be golden but the middle of the cookie is soft and under-baked.
Cadbury Heroes Cookies
Soft and chewy Cadbury Heroes Cookies made using a selection box of chocolate bar favourites, there's a surprise in every bite with this cookie recipe!
- 160 g Unsalted butter
- 100 g White caster sugar
- 150 g Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 medium Whole egg At room temperature
- 1 medium Egg yolk At room temperature
- 250 g Self-raising flour
- 200 g Cadbury Heroes Chopped into chunks
Make the cookie dough
- Place the unsalted butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-40 seconds until the butter has melted.
- Add the two sugars, vanilla extract, whole egg and egg yolk and mix together until fully combined.
- Fold in the flour. The mixture will come together into a cookie dough.
- Add the chopped Cadbury Heroes and fold into the cookie dough.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
Roll and bake the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large, flat baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of cookie dough and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place on the baking tray and do not flatten. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used up. Leave about 8-10cm between each ball so they have enough room to spread out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be golden on the edges but the middle still soft and under-baked.
- Leave to cool and firm up on the baking tray for 15 minutes. Then tuck in and enjoy!
Store your Cadbury Heroes Cookies at room temp, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.