Satisfy your Nutella cravings with these scrumptious, soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Cookies! On the outside, they may look like plain chocolate chip cookies, but don’t judge a book by its cover – inside you’ll find sweet molten Nutella filling 😍
Reasons to love these Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- The middle is filled with sweet molten Nutella
- Chewy on the outside, soft in the middle – just how a cookie should be 😄
- I’ve added chocolate chips for an extra chocolatey hit in every bite
- From mixing bowl to first bite in less than two hours!
How to make Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Step 1: Make the cookie dough
My go-to cookie dough recipe uses white and brown sugar, and an extra egg yolk to give these cookies a soft and chewy texture. If you’re interested, I’ve talked in detail here about how to make cookies super soft and chewy.
You will need to chill the cookie dough for at least an hour.
Step 2: Freeze the Nutella ‘middles’
Drop spoonfuls of Nutella onto a lined baking tray and freeze. It may sound strange to freeze the Nutella, but this will make assembling the cookies easier and stop the Nutella from hardening in the oven.
Step 3: Stuff the cookies with Nutella
This part is actually pretty easy 😅
You’ll want to use a heaped tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie. Wrap the cookie dough around the frozen Nutella ‘middles’, making sure the Nutella is concealed. They will end up looking like balls of cookie dough, with that secret Nutella filling inside!
Now press a handful of chocolate chips into the top of each cookie dough balls.
Step 4: Bake for 12-14 mins and leave to set
Look for a golden outer edge with a pale, underbaked middle.
Resist the urge to tuck in straight away and leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray for at least 15 minutes. During this time the cookies will continue to cook and the middle of the cookie will set up and turn super chewy.
It’s as simple as that! Your Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Cookies are ready and it’s time to tuck in 😍
Ingredients & equipment used to make this recipe
Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 160 g Unsalted butter
- 100 g White caster sugar
- 150 g Light brown sugar
- 1 medium Whole egg at room temperature
- 1 medium Egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250 g Self-raising flour
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 10 tsp Nutella Roughly 200g
- 30 g Chocolate chips Milk, white or dark
Start by making the cookie dough
- Cream the butter, white caster sugar and light brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt, and fold the mixture together until it forms a cookie dough.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the Nutella middles
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Spoon 10 heaped teaspoons of Nutella onto the baking tray.
- Place in the freezer.
Assemble and bake the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Take the Nutella middles out of the freezer and the cookie dough out of the fridge.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten it into a round disc shape. Place a frozen lump of Nutella in the middle and wrap the cookie dough around the Nutella so it's completely covered and concealed. It should look like a ball of cookie dough.
- Place on the baking tray and press a handful of chocolate chips into the top.
- Repeat this step until all the cookie dough is used up. The recipe should make roughly 10 cookies. Remember to leave 5-8cm of space between each cookie ball, so they have room to spread out.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. The outside of the cookies should be golden brown but the middle should look pale in colour and be slightly underbaked.
- Leave the cookies to cool completely on the baking tray for at least 15 minutes. They will continue to cook and firm up as they cool down.