This Nutella Cinnamon Banana Bread is flavoured with warming spices and chocolatey Nutella goodness – it’s irresistibly delicious! Plus the recipe is super easy and you’ll only need 7 ingredients!
How to make Nutella cinnamon banana bread
This recipe couldn’t be easier – simply prep, swirl, bake and enjoy!
Prep. First, you’ll mash the bananas up using either a fork or a whisk. Then you’ll whip together the cake mixture, and fold the mashed bananas into it.
Swirl. Next up you’ll spoon half of the banana cake mixture into the tin, and pour the melted Nutella down the middle. Repeat with the remaining mixtures, cake first then Nutella. Grab a skewer or knife and swirl it through the layers.
Bake. In my oven, the banana bread took 45 minutes to bake at 180°C. Depending on how your oven runs, it may take less or more time. It’s normal for the middle of the loaf cake to crack so to check if the cake is done, check that the middle has risen properly and that you can’t see any raw cake mixture. You can also use a toothpick and insert it into the middle, it should come out clean of cake mixture.
Enjoy. Give the banana bread at least 30-45 minutes to cool before tucking in. No judgement if you spread a layer of Nutella on top as well 😉
Tips for lining a loaf tin
Unlike square baking tins, loaf tins can be a little tricky to prep. I’ve found that the best way is to:
First lightly grease the tin all over with a little butter. Then cut a piece of greaseproof paper that is long enough to line the base and long sides of the tin, with enough paper hanging over the edges to help lift the cake out. This way the loaf cake will have straight, neat edges and bake more evenly.
Nutella Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe (makes 10 slices)
150g Stork (margarine) or unsalted butter
120g white caster sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
200g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 ripe medium-sized bananas
3 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350 F. Line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper (see notes above).
- Mash the bananas together with a fork or whisk until smooth and free of lumps.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and pale in colour.
- Crack in the eggs, add half of the flour and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining flour and the cinnamon and fold together until fully combined.
- Now add the mashed bananas and fold into the mixture.
- Melt the Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Spoon half the banana cake mixture into the loaf tin and spread it out evenly.
- Pour half of the melted Nutella down the middle of the cake.
- Spoon the remaining cake mixture on top, spreading it out to conceal the Nutella.
- Now dollop spoonfuls of the remaining Nutella on top and use a skewer or knife to swirl everything together.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-50 minutes. The cake should have risen and browned on top. A toothpick instead in the middle should come out clean of cake mixture, if the toothpick has a little melted Nutella on in that is okay.
- Leave to cool in the baking tin for at least 1 hour, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Your Nutella cinnamon banana bread will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
Hi Jessie made the banana and Nutella loaf cake, and when in the recipe it says to melt the Nutella in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds it just made the Nutella thicken up! What did I do wrong? So when I baked the loaf the Nutella has sunk to the bottom ! But it still tasted amazing but just wondered where I went wrong . Look forward to your reply xx
Hi Julie, thanks for your comment ☺️
Sorry to hear this happened for you!
So that is very strange about the Nutella, I’ve never had that happen before. It may have overheated in the microwave which could have caused it to harden.
Did you swirl the Nutella into the mixture?
Also did you use Nutella or a different chocolate spread?