Rich in flavour and fudgy in texture, these double chocolate Kinder Bueno brownies are indulgent, delicious and definitely a must-bake!
Kinder brownies have been on my baking list for a veryyyy long time, so I’m excited to finally share this recipe with you. I was torn between using Kinder Bueno’s (they’re the crispy on the outside cream-filled chocolate bars) or the classic Kinder Chocolate, so in the end, I decided to use both! And if that wasn’t enough, I used a mix of Milk and White chocolate Bueno bars…I know crazy right 😉
The recipe is super easy and the brownies can be prepped and baked in less than an hour. I’ve found that the Bueno bars will burn really easily in the oven if they are placed on top, so it’s best to fold them into the mixture. Finish the brownies with a simple white chocolate drizzle, before slicing up and tucking in.
Top tips for baking Kinder Bueno brownies
The texture of brownies can be difficult to get right and it has personally led to a lot of failed attempts in the past. A dry, cakey brownie is just so disappointing! So here are my top three tips to make sure your Kinder Bueno brownies turn out perfectly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar really well. This will give the brownies that lovely crispy, crackly top and a gooey middle.
- Once you’ve added the flour be careful not to over mix. You don’t want to add too much air into the mixture, so just gently fold in the flour in a figure of eight motion until combined.
- Brownies are best under-baked. Brownies will continue to cook and firm up as they cool down, so it’s always best to take them out the oven slightly under-baked. In my oven, I always bake brownies for 17 minutes at 180°C. I know that they’re done when the top is no longer shiny, the edges have started to crack and if I gently shake the baking tin, the brownies will wobble a little underneath.
More brownie recipes you’ll love
Kinder Bueno Brownies recipe (makes 12)
150g unsalted butter, roughly chopped into chunks
170g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
2 large eggs, at room temperature
220g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
2 x Kinder Bueno Milk + 2 x Kinder Bueno White
4 x Kinder Chocolate Bar (roughly 100g)
20g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8inch/20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar for a minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the whisked eggs. Add the flour as well and fold the mixture together until fully combined.
- Using your hands, break up the Kinder Bueno and Kinder Chocolate bars into the mixture, and fold everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes* until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge to set for an hour. This will make cutting them easier and make the brownies even more fudgier.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until smooth. Use a teaspoon to drizzle over the brownies.
- Slice into 12 and serve.
Your Kinder Bueno Brownies will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
*Even if you’re unsure if your brownies are ready, I would always suggest taking them out as they will continue to cook as they cool.