You are going to LOVE these Kinder Bueno Brownies – they’re layered with Bueno bars, filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate and have a super fudgy texture!
After my Kinder Cookies proved to be a big hit with you guys, sharing a Kinder Bueno Brownie recipe was a no-brainer. I’ve used a mix of Kinder Bueno White, Kinder Bueno Milk AND chunks of classic Kinder Chocolate – each bite is a Kinder flavour explosion!
Reasons to love these Kinder Bueno Brownies
- Fudgy and gooey in the middle
- Layered with Kinder Bueno bars
- Filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate
- Finished with a white and milk chocolate drizzle
How to make Kinder Bueno Brownies (in a nutshell)
- Make the chocolate brownie mixture
- Fold in chunks of Kinder Chocolate
- Pour half the mixture into the baking tin
- Place Kinder Bueno bars on top
- Spread the remaining mixture on top
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
It’s as simple as that! Find the detailed recipe at the bottom of this post 😊
Read these top tips before you start
- Use good quality 70% dark chocolate
I can’t stress this enough! The type of dark chocolate you use really can make or break these Kinder Bueno Brownies. My favourite is Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate, it gives you a fudgy brownie texture and isn’t too sweet, or on the flip side, too bitter.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar really well
For a crinkly brownie top, whisk the sugar and eggs for 60-90 seconds until pale in colour, thick and foamy.
- Under-baked brownies = fudgy texture
Did you know that brownies continue to cook as they cool down? That’s why you need to take brownies out of the oven a little earlier than expected. For these Kinder Bueno Brownies, I’ve suggested a baking time of 18-20 minutes at 180°C fan oven.
What baking tin should I use?
This recipe uses an 8x8inch square baking tin. Using the same sized baking tin is really important when it comes to baking time. If you’re using a bigger baking tin, decrease the baking time by 3-4 minutes. If your baking tin is smaller, increase the baking time by 3-4 minutes.
How do I know when the brownies are ready?
- The top is no longer shiny or wet
- Small cracks have started to show around the outside edge
- Give the baking tin a gentle shake, the brownies should wobble slightly
Do I have to let them cool completely?
Yes, this is the MOST important step! As the brownies cool down they will set and turn fudgy. If you were to slice into them whilst still warm, they will be too gooey and fall apart.
My brownies were dry and over-baked, what happened?
This most likely happened because the brownies were in the oven too long. Some ovens run hotter than others, which is why the baking time may not be right for everyone. Next time try reducing it by 3-4 minutes. It might also be a good idea to purchase an oven thermometer, this handy little gadget sits inside your oven and will tell you the correct temperature.
How to freeze Kinder Bueno Brownies
First leave them to cool completely. Then wrap each brownie separately in a sheet of clingfilm, then a sheet of foil. Place in the freezer and store for up to 1 month. Defrost the brownies at room temperature (this will take between 1-2 hours) or pop it in the microwave for 1 minute.
Equipment & ingredients used for this recipe
Kinder Bueno Brownies
- 150 g Unsalted butter chopped into chunks
- 170 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) I use Lindt 70% dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 2 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 220 g White caster sugar
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 2 Kinder Bueno Milk
- 2 Kinder Bueno White
- 150g Kinder Chocolate Bars
- 20 g each of milk and white chocolate to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Line an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Place the unsalted butter and dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts (mixing after each) until smooth. Set the bowl aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and white caster sugar for 1 minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Now pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whisked eggs and add the self-raising flour. Fold together until fully combined.
- Break up the Kinder Chocolate bars and fold them into the mixture.
- Pour half the brownie mixture into the baking tin and spread it out to the edges.
- Unwrap the Kinder Bueno bars and place these on top. Pour over the remaining brownie mixture and spread it out to completely cover the Kinder Bueno bars.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes* until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack. If you give the tin a gentle shake, the brownies should have a slight wobble.
- Leave to cool completely for at least 5 hours or overnight for best results (this will give the brownies time to set and turn fudgy). You can speed up the cooling time by putting the brownies in the fridge for 2 hours instead.
- Melt the milk and white chocolate in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over the brownies, slice and enjoy
More brownie recipes you’ll love
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!