Golden on the edges and chewy in the middle, these soft baked Chocolate Bar Cookies are made using a selection box of Cadbury’s Heroes!
Chunks of Double Decker, Fudge, Creme Egg, Dairy Milk, Eclairs, Twirl, Wispa, Crunchie and Dairy Milk Caramel are dotted throughout the cookies. There’s a surprise in every bite! If you’re not a fan of Cadbury’s Heroes, you could instead use a selection box of Celebrations, Quality Street or just chop up your favourite chocolate bar 😊
How to make Chocolate Bar Cookies
Baking cookies couldn’t be easier! Just a few simple steps and you will have the most delicious, irresistible cookies.
- Make the cookie dough. My recipe uses melted butter, two types of sugar and an extra egg yolk for added richness and chewiness. This one-bowl method for the cookie dough will take no more than 5-10 mins, tops!
- Add the chopped chocolate bars. You’ll then chop up the chocolate bars and fold them into the dough.
- Chill the dough. This step cannot be skipped! Cover the bowl with clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. This will develop the flavours and improve the texture.
- Roll the dough into balls. Use 2 tablespoons per cookie ball, roll into a ball using the palms of your hands and place on a baking tray.
- (under)Bake. 10-12 mins at 180°C is all these cookies need. You want the middle to be soft and underbaked and the outside edge slightly golden.
More cookie recipes you’ll love
Chocolate Bar Cookies recipe (makes 10-12)
- 160g unsalted butter
- 100g white caster sugar
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg + 1 medium egg yolk, at room temperature
- 250g self-raising flour
- 200g Cadbury’s Heroes
- Melt the butter in 20-second blasts in the microwave until it turns to liquid.
- Add the light brown and caster sugar and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Now add the vanilla extract, whole egg and egg yolk, and mix together until fully combined.
- Add the flour and fold together until the mixture forms a cookie dough.
- Chop the Cadbury’s Heroes into small chunks. Add to the cookie dough and fold together.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Take two heaped tablespoons of cookie dough and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place on the baking tray and do not flatten. Repeat this step until all the cookie dough has been used up.
- Leave about 8-10cm between each cookie ball so they have enough room to spread out. You may have to bake the cookies in batches.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned on the edges and the middle is still soft. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Your Chocolate Bar Cookies will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.