Brownies. Biscoff Biscuits. Biscoff Spread. This recipe combines them all. These Lotus Biscoff brownies are fudgy, gooey and intense!
I’ve wanted to make something with Biscoff for a while now, that distinct caramel flavour is so delicious and so addictive *eats another biscuit as she types*. These brownies most definitely lived up to expectations. The crunch from the biscuits and the swirl of the Biscoff spread, all encased within a fudgy, rich and gooey brownie.
You need these brownies in your life!
How to make Lotus Biscoff Brownies
The brownie mixture. Using my go-to recipe, you’ll start by making a simple chocolate brownie mixture. I always use Lindt 70% chocolate for extra richness. You’ll then crush Lotus Biscoff biscuits (saving a few for later on) into the mixture and fold everything together.
Melt the Lotus Biscoff Spread. Two heaped tablespoons of Biscoff spread are melted in the microwave so that it can be easily poured onto the brownies.
Layer the brownies. Spread half of the brownie mixture into the baking tin. Pour the melted Biscoff spread on top. Top with the rest of the brownie mixture and finish with a scattering of crushed biscuits.
Bake! If you like your brownies super gooey and fudgy like me, then I recommend baking the brownies for no more than 17-20 minutes at 180°C. You’ll know they’re ready when the top is no longer shiny, the edges have started to show small cracks and if you give the baking tin a gentle shake the mixture should slightly wobble underneath.
Leave them to cool. This step is SUPER important. Leave the brownies to cool for at least 4 hours or overnight for best result. This will develop the flavour and enhance the texture, and make them easier to slice.
More brownie recipes you will love
Lotus Biscoff Brownie recipe (makes 9-12 brownies)
150g unsalted butter, roughly chopped into chunks
170g 70% dark chocolate, broken into peices
2 large eggs, at room temperature
220g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
1 jar Lotus Biscoff spread
150g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8inch/20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Put the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar for a minute until pale in colour and frothy.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the whisked eggs. Add the flour as well and fold the mixture together until fully combined.
- Using your hands, crush half of the biscuits into the mixture. Fold everything together.
- Pour half of the mixture in the baking tin and spread out into an even layer.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the Lotus Biscoff spread in the microwave for 10 seconds. Pour this on top of the brownies. Finish by spreading the remaining brownie mixture on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes* until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge to set for an hour. This will make cutting them easier and make the brownies even more fudgier.
Your Lotus Biscoff Brownies will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
*Even if you’re unsure if your brownies are ready, I would always suggest taking them out as they will continue to cook as they cool.