Rich fudgy brownie marbled with creamy baked cheesecake. What’s not to love.
For the brownie:
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 225g light brown muscovado sugar or caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 170g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
For the cream cheese:
- 400g cream cheese e.g Philidephia light
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 9 inch square baking tin or line with greaseproof paper.
- Start by making the brownie mixture. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped dark chocolate and butter. Melt in 30 second increments, mixing after each, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale in colour and frothy. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and add the flour. Fold everything together in a figure of eight motion until you have a thick chocolate mixture.
- Now move on to the cheesecake mixture. Place the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl, and mix until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until smooth.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie mixture into the baking tin. Now dollop the cheese cream mixture and the remaining brownie mixture on top. Use a skewer or the tip of a knife to marble the cream cheese and brownie mixture together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is no longer shiny and the edges have started to crack.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into 12 brownies. If you can resist temptation, leave the brownies overnight in the fridge to firm up. This will make cutting them easier and make them even tastier!